Saturday, September 12, 2009

Stylista I am Not

I now have basic cable, an upgrade from $8/month-just-to-get-the-broadcast-channels cable.  And my cable/internet/land-line bill was reduced $30 for this upgrade.  Weird, I know.  I can watch shows that I've only heard about, and the one show that has my attention is "Project Runway".  I know people are saying this season is the most boring ever, we need to see more Tim Gunn, bring Michael Kors back blah blah blah.  But I missed past seasons, so this season seems good enough to me.

But I have to admit:  I just don't get it, which is probably because I'm not hip, savvy or cool.  And by the looks of my wardrobe...wait, I don't think my collection of jeans and t-shirts could have such a fancy name as "wardrobe".  But I DO have immense appreciation for the process.  First of all, the designers, most of them anyway, know how to sketch.  I'm still making those 5-petal flowers I learned to draw when I was eight years old.  Then they get to go to the fabulous Mood Fabrics with a money and time budget.  They don't get a whole lot of either.  The pressure, the stress!  And then they have to sew a garment or two (or three) WITHOUT a PATTERN!!!  How do they DO that?  Well, some do it much better than others, that's for sure, and if I were a contestant, I would be ecstatic if I could manage to make a toga.

The high-style fashion industry is a complete mystery to me.  The designs that I like, the judges hate.  And vice versa.  I didn't understand why they ooohed and aaahhed over the winning design for this week's episode....

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/rate-the-runway/season-6-episode-4?cachepageclear#id=1

I think my cat could have done a better job.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I learned to sew, not cook. Create something without a pattern, I'm with you. Not happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look at that red fabric under the cat in your photo, you can see a face. What's up with that? It absolutely freaked me out.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?