Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Greetings!

Welcome to my blog! Blogging is the thing to do these days, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and will hopefully land on my two big feet. I suspect writing in this blog will be a way to clear my head of those myriad of thoughts that tend to ricochet around my pretty little head.


I am more than half-way through my Week Without My Girls. This is at about the point in my separation from them that I start to mope. Each time they go for a week or more with their dad, I think that I won't mope this time, but I always do. Heck, even the two cats are moping. Have you ever seen a moping cat? It's a very sad sight indeed. They sit near me and give me long, mopey looks. They walk in and out of my girls' bedroom, wondering when they'll be back.


Where are said-girls? At this point in their vacation, they are visiting their grandmother in the Bay Area. I believe that their planned activity for today is to go to Marine World, which will pale in comparison to Disneyland, where they just spent 4-1/2 days. They fly back home Sunday at noon, so I will be getting them back a couple of hours after they land.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! Watch out because it can become addictive. ;-)

    I don't know what I'd do if my girls were gone that long. The first few days would be peaceful an heavenly, but after that I'd probably get bored with myself.

    *Lots of Love*

    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere!
    Hope the time passes quickly for you and your cats. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder be you woman or beast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. Jack was at his dad's from 1 April through about 18 June. Thankfully he was nice enough to drive up here with him (3 hours each way!) so I could see him a couple of times a month. He's back here now but will be living with his dad once he gets his new house put together.

    Our dog mopes like that...every time we go away overnight or longer he goes on a hunger strike until we return. It really freaks out the dog sitters.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?